One-in-four adults age 65+ fall each year with 1-out-of-5 resulting in a serious injury. Maintaining balance, especially during transitions, is a real concern as we age. Happily, balance is a skill that improves with a bit of knowledge and practice.
In this 4-week, interactive workshop, you’ll learn–
- why balance becomes more challenging as we age
- how to strengthen the muscles that help you balance
- strategies to improve body awareness and posture
- simple every-day activities for improving balance and reducing falls
Each 75-minute session will be dedicated to one aspect of balance with a short lecture and guided balance practice. In addition, attendees will receive:
- weekly handouts with key balance concepts;
- suggestions for practicing balance at home;
- access to four (4) practice videos you can continue to use even after course completion.
Practices and concepts build from week-to-week, so participants are encouraged to attend all sessions. Come ready to move, laugh and learn!